siegfried 1.8.0 released
Wednesday, 22 January, 2020
Version 1.8.0 of siegfried is now available. Get it here.
This release includes changes in the byte matcher to improve performance, especially when scanning MP3s (fmt/134).
CHANGELOG v1.8.0 (2020-01-22)
- utc flag returns file modified dates in UTC e.g.
sf -utc FILE | DIR. Requested by Dragan Espenschied
- new cost and repetition flags to control segmentation when building signatures
- update PRONOM to v96
- update LOC signatures to 2019-12-18
- update tika-mimetypes signatures to v1.23
- update freedesktop.org signatures to v1.15
- XML namespaces detected by prefix on root tag, as well as default namespace (for mime-info spec)
- panic when scanning certain MS-CFB files. Reported separately by Mike Shallcross and Euan Cochrane
- file with many FF xx sequences grinds to a halt. Reported by Andy Foster